
I'll admit it, I'm a Nintendo fanboy. Or at the very least, I'm an Nintendo snob. In my estimation, Super Mario World is to Sonic 1 thru 3 what a Mozart concerto is to a Kenny Chesney charttopper. Sure, Kenny's fun but come on...there's a little thing called staying power. Obviously, only one of those two has it.
I could go on, but you get the idea - everyone else makes games, but Nintendo makes classics.
The net result is that while I have owned a number of non-Nintendo consoles, I've never considered any of them my primary gaming console. I've always been cognizant of this fact, but it really hit me late last week.
It hit me when I saw a news item on Slashdot about a movie script being written for Shadow of the Colossus, a PlayStation 2 game. People commenting on the news item lamented the prospect of Hollywood destroying yet another "beautiful thing."
I suddenly felt as if I had missed out on something. After a bit of research, I discovered that I had missed out on quite a few somethings. So, I found a great deal on Ebay and picked a PS2 Slim with nine of the best games on the system. Look at me, I'm branching out! But Sega still sucks.
I could go on, but you get the idea - everyone else makes games, but Nintendo makes classics.
The net result is that while I have owned a number of non-Nintendo consoles, I've never considered any of them my primary gaming console. I've always been cognizant of this fact, but it really hit me late last week.
It hit me when I saw a news item on Slashdot about a movie script being written for Shadow of the Colossus, a PlayStation 2 game. People commenting on the news item lamented the prospect of Hollywood destroying yet another "beautiful thing."
I suddenly felt as if I had missed out on something. After a bit of research, I discovered that I had missed out on quite a few somethings. So, I found a great deal on Ebay and picked a PS2 Slim with nine of the best games on the system. Look at me, I'm branching out! But Sega still sucks.
.jpg)
Okay, I'll admit that I am a bit of a Nintendo snob myself, or was until I discovered the PS2! Hey nothing wrong with trying something else fun sometimes....=0)
ReplyDelete