I had a wonderful moment with Ainsley today. After getting the girls ready for bed and reading them books, Ainsley said her bedtime prayer. Immediately after finishing, she asked me, "Daddy, why do we finish with 'in the name of Jesus Christ', and why do we start with 'Heavenly Father'?"
What a teaching opportunity! I quickly rehearsed to my captive audience the plan of salvation, explaining that Heavenly Father sent us to Earth to obtain a body and to learn how to master it. I explained that gour bodies are imperfect by virtue of the Fall so we all make mistakes which prevent us from approaching our perfect Heavenly Father. Directly, that is. I explained that because Jesus lived a perfect life and died for us, he made it possible for us to come back into Heavenly Father's presence and made it possible for us to communicate with Him. Jesus is our advocate and so when we pray, He carries our message back to our Father who love us and who wants to hear from us.
Ainsley thought on this for a second and then asked, "So, it's like we call Heavenly Father on the phone and Jesus listens to us, writes it down, and brings the message to Heavenly Father?"
"Yes, Ainsley. I think that's how it works," I told her.
Getting Older
3 months ago
.jpg)
What a smarty pants! It's always fun to hear how simply our little ones can put things, things that we think of as complex...=0)
ReplyDelete